Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Not a Spring Chicken Anymore!!!

Does anyone else feel like they're aging in fast-forward?

I FEEL droopy.

Tell me it's just the lingering winter and that soon I'll be back to normal...PLEASE!!!

These "fine lines" creeping upon my face are NOT fine with me! Gone are the days of naturally Rosy cheeks and where is this hair coming from!?! I don't want it! Even my lips have "fine lines". This is not to mention everywhere else that tends to droop and change with every passing year...why? It seems like I was holding up just two years ago and all of the sudden my wax is in full heat and melting fast.

I might be fine with that if I felt mentally sharp and felt a fulfilling sense of well-being, but I don't. (I'm not depressed, by-the-way, I've been there and this is not it). I just feel BLAH!

So in looking for a "new" me or a new way to express "me", I highlighted my own hair. Tayler said I look like a brown skunk "not to mean any offense or anything".

So, I guess that's it. I stink. (Not really, I hope. I don't need to smell old, too!)

I guess I should know I couldn't pass for 24-25 for too much longer.

Have you noticed how YOUNG High Schoolers' look? They look SO young! (That's another sign that I'm getting old). Eric and I saw some kids dressed up for prom and some of them didn't look any older than 14 (and that's with the dress, hair, makeup, and heels)!

And just in case you don't remember...Tayler and Haley will be 12 in just 3 1/2 weeks!!!

Where does the time go? (I know, I wish it away, too.) Some days I wish it would last a lot longer (but those aren't school days).

There are two good things that come with looking older, a little more respect and (oh, the word slipped my mind. It'll come back, just give it a minute) oh, credibility.

That slippery-brain syndrome has got to go. (Or maybe it's to help me get through the kids being teenagers. In that case, it can stay.)

I know this is random, but, really, I haven't posted in so long I had to do something. So there you go...

4 comments:

Kristin said...

Me too!

I'm Always Rite said...

It's all in your head!
You are as young or as old as you allow yourself to feel!
I bet those lines will dissappear with the dreary cold weather!
I think you need to come up and hang out with me a bit more! :)
I can make anyone feel and act like and insane adolescent! :)

Jamie said...

Wow! The twins will be 12? Tayler's comment about your hair cracks me up, kids are so nice. I'm sure it looks great!

Irishsyl said...

Age is a matter of mind.....
If you don't mind-
It doesn't matter!! LOL
Minetta you still don't look your age and I don't think you ever will. You are beautiful.