Friday, February 20, 2009

Emily's at it Again...

This kid!!! She's amazing and growing so fast! Not only are her pants quickly becoming capris, she is SMART!

Yesterday she read the story "Zac the Rat". I had shown it to her a few days ago and had her read it then, working out the sounds and stuff. This time I helped her with the "sight words" like "the" and "to" and she sounded out the rest. She is doing AWESOME!!! (And I was worried that I'd never be able to teach her how to read).

While she was using that website, Chase said, "Oh! I've done that! I love that! We did that in public school!" So now I know. In public school they use some of the same tools I get in my own home. It's not magic. Fwew! I thought I was in for it. Now I can see the sun. Yay!

Go Emily!!! I wonder if she can tie shoelaces...

3 comments:

MaryJane said...

Great job, Emily!!!! And great job, Minetta!

I'm Always Rite said...

You rock! :)
Let me know if you come up with a groovy way to teaching tying shoes. Little Man is struggling with it. :\

Kristin said...

Awesome!