On the way to Kroger with Emily I told her we were going to "Krogret" and she corrected me!!!
"KrogER," she said.
"KrogRET," I stubbornly replied.
"KrogER," she stated again.
And again I told her what I wanted to hear but she wouldn't give it to me. Instead she told me how Chase "learned" her to say it and how she doesn't like Chase "learning" her things.
To which I said, "teaching. Teaching you...". And so it goes...and so she grows...
Why do they do that to us??? Couldn't she just have stayed 3 forever? Potty-trained, able to speak, small enough to pick up and carry on occasion, cheap to feed, not a lot of attitude, lots of WONDERFUL hugs (with arms AND legs wrapped around), sweet chubby cheeks to kiss, cute clothes to dress her in, little treats that make everything better...and so much more...why couldn't it be like that forever?...
I wish my memories would do me justice in this department. I forget far too quickly how absolutely precious and adorable my children were when they were little. (Perhaps to help me keep from comparing their younger days to their present ones. There could be wisdom in that). Still. I don't want to forget how cute, sweet, and fun the young days were/are.
The precious days of toddlerhood are disappearing fast and most of the sweetness with it. She is developing some pretty rotten attitudes about chores and anything else she doesn't "want to" do.
I'm not ready for her to change. Not yet. Not yet!
3 comments:
This is sweet! There's good and bad in every stage though. Look for the positive and focus on that (easier said than done). Love ya'!
I barely remember my munchkins being toddlers. I think I enjoy them more and more with every passing second! They just become cooler every day and I can't wait to see what tomorrow brings. I only hope to really make the most of them while I have them. :)
Sweet little Emily!!! We have not forgotten that adorable and precious little girl! We miss her and the rest of you too! Those sweet pigtails and rosey checks!!!! She made me really want a baby girl!!!!
Post a Comment