This is for my friend Mary Jane who used to be "the girl-next-door".
Hi Mary Jane! I miss you. I miss you laughing at yourself and being funny! I love how ALIVE you are. I miss the smell of your house and clothes (I think I found the type of detergent you use, is it the Lillies kind of Purex? If not it smells good anyway.) I want you to tell me how you cook your beans and cornbread (you know I can never remember anything).
Did you have a good day?
I actually made dinner after coming home from piano lessons today. (It's so hard to stay motivated. Why??!!) I let the kids put together a puzzle of the United States today for Geography. The more they see and do that puzzle the better they'll learn it (where the states are and the puzzle itself).
I got Eric off to work and then went back to bed til 8:00 then I was in and out of sleep and had that horrible froggy-groggy head most of the day (I hate that). I was determined to do something so I'm glad I made dinner.
I haven't seen the new owners, though the kids have caught a peep or two through our port-hole. I still can't believe you're not here!
When we got home from piano lessons Emily said "the wind blew it over!" (talking about your basketball hoop that's laying by our house. She thought it had been windy... I think she's hitting the 4-year-old defiance (boundary-testing) head-on! I have got to learn to be calm and quiet, my throat is going to get sore!!! (She really wants to be her own boss). She is still so cute.
I just can't think of anything funny right now.
I would love to soak in a hot-tub (in the cool night air, with my hubby, in the dark). Doesn't that sound wonderful?! Oooh, I would love that. You don't have a hot-tub, do you? If so, you are SO lucky.
2 comments:
Hi Minetta! I am MaryJane's sister, Lori. We are so happy to have them closer, but my heart went out to you when I read this...even brought a tear to my eye. So nice to meet you, I have heard your name alot. Thanks for caring so much for my little sister!! Have a blessed day!!
Argh!!!! I was so frustrated when I realized (after typing a loooooong sweet response) that I didn't know that I was supposed to type the little weird code in before it would post my comment!!! I was wondering why it still said, "0 comments". Basically I just wrote about how wonderful and beautiful and special that I think you are! Even though I am too tired to rewrite the whole thing, I want you to know that my words are sincere!! You really are a phenomenal person! I am blessed to have met you! And your "adorably adorable" family! Love ya!
Post a Comment