Thursday, September 25, 2008

Chase got a STAMP

We have an award system where the kids can earn stamps to trade for things. In order to get a stamp you have to be on time for school. (I know, your thinking "But how could they be 'late' when you're homeschooling? Isn't that part of the reason TO homeschool?"). Well.......no. Not in my house.
The kids need to have their room clean, job done, be dressed, teeth brushed, and hair done by 9am.
(This proves very hard for them so I made the award system) (I think they must think what I thought you first thought) Did you get that? Well, I think they must think that they shouldn't ever be "late" because it's at home and it should be a 'fringe benefit'. I disagree completely. I like beginnings and ends (mostly).
Another way to earn a stamp is to be EXTRA helpful and happily do school/house work.
Can I just say I am SO proud of that bubba-wubba-boy! He missed his morning stamp (though he tried) and did a tremendous job earning a stamp (it was VERY hard for him but I saw and awarded his efforts)! It made him feel so proud of himself and I'm glad for that.
That was yesterday. That was a VERY good day.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

That's awesome! Way to go Chase!!!

I agree with you... I think it's smart to have a start time, otherwise you might never get things going the way you want.