Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Dear Lyla (a poem for a dear friend of mine whose daughter recently passed away)

Dear Lyla

I love you more than rainbows

I love you more than rain

I love you more than I miss you

I love that I’ll see you again

I miss you every moment

My heart feels more than ache

The pain is almost unbearable

I almost think it will break.

I’m grateful for the memories

I’m grateful for the love

I am grateful for you, my gift,

Given from heav’n above

You’re precious and I knew it

Long before I bore you

I never took you for granted

You are special and I knew

I will always love you

And we’ll never be apart

I am always with you

And you’re always in my heart

Thank you for showing me

What life is all about

Thank you for all the joy

I will live to shout it out

All the words you never said

Pound within my chest

I hear you with my heart

And that will give me rest

Yes, I always love you

And I know you love me, too

We will be together again

When this life is through

Til then I’ll keep on livin’

I’ll give each day my best

I love my life, e’en when it’s hard

I know that I’ve been blessed

I love you more than rainbows

I love you more than rain

I love you more than I miss you

I love that I’ll hold you again.

1 comment:

Lyndsey said...

That is so beautiful, Minetta.