Sunday, January 18, 2009

Still Here...

Don't worry 'bout me, I'm still here. I'm just reading the Twilight Series again so I can give the books back.

It really has been a nice break from reality to read the series. It sure would be nice if there were more "Edwards" in this world. So many happy marriages and families... women being treated with respect and gentleness... self-control... fidelity... compassion... passion... selflessness... forgiveness... love...

Reality sure can sting, even if it's somebody else's problem.
I've had a difficult week made better by our Savior. I am SO grateful that we can cast our burdens on Him and He willingly takes them from us.
I had a friend share some horrifying news with me this week that was tearing me apart because it is something I fear in my own life and I was really dragged down by it. With a priesthood blessing, prayer, and talking to my hubby, I feel much better. Not perfect, but better.

Reading the books with the tremendous bond of love between Edward and Bella helped, too. (Even though it is fiction. We can still dream...wish...desire...work toward...)

Marriage; to leave it idle is to kill it.

What gear are you in? (Please, don't answer to me.)

2 comments:

Kristin said...

I'm considering picking the books up again... just because I'm bored once the boys are down. But they can be a black hole for me, so I'm not sure.

Call me if you want to talk. :)

Love you!!!

MaryJane said...

Minetta, I will be praying for your friend! I don't need to know the need, just that there is one. I am sorry that you have not felt well, but am glad that you know who to go to!!! Love ya!