Thursday, August 21, 2008

A whole post about my hiny!

Emily just told me "When I get big I hope I have a big bottom just like yours." Isn't that lovely? Even though my bottom is getting smaller I think I will ever be known as having plenty of "junk in the trunk". I would feel pretty bad about this except that we are watching the Olympics and a little Chinese girl was on the trampoline and Emily said she had a big bottom. I think it's just that that is close to her eye level and it's not easy to see around. I have had years of experience in this. Starting when I was 13 my older sister's guy friend said "You have what every black man loves." I had no idea what he was talking about and my sister laughed and said "You have a bubble-butt!". Well, when Chase was about 3 he was getting out of the van behind me and he said "Mommy, you have a big bum!" I was in shock and said, "What?!" He sucked in and said "Sorry. I mean, bottom." So it continues. I just have to say I'd rather have a big one than not have one. Besides, I was at a friend's house for a playgroup thing and I happened to be in her way and she told me that my butt "looks perfect" (in the pants I was wearing). I guess I never really thought about all the attention my derriere would get, and so unprovoked!!!
I just had to get down what Emily said because she says some of the funniest things. I just happened to be online when she said this. She's great for a laugh (or some serious thinking).

2 comments:

Stephens Family said...

That's so funny - thanks for the laugh! I think you're right - sometimes Mom's bum is at eye-level and they have a hard time seeing around it! I think everything is big to a 4-year-old!

Irishsyl said...

I laughed so hard I almost fell of the stool!! With all the things our kids tell us about our bodies or what ever, it's a wonder we have any self confidence left at all.