Thursday, June 19, 2008

I got home not long ago from a friends house that I tried to share the gospel with. Not sure how it went. It all felt pretty awkward. She's moving next week so I had to make my move. I care about her so much that I couldn't let her move away without giving her "something". Anyway I probably gave her meat before milk and I'm feeling pretty bummed.
I can't help but think about how blessed I am to have the fullness of the gospel because I know how stubborn I am and I wonder if I'd ever be able to leave what I was taught to live in a manner I have not heard much about.
I hoped for the Spirit to be there but I didn't feel anything significant and she seemed distracted.
So now I'm left feeling bummed out, let down, unsuccessful and a little sad. Is this a "normal" feeling?
Anyway, I don't have anybody to talk to so...(Eric's at school and my closest friend here just had a baby, my mom is busy and I don't feel like calling anybody else to whine to).
Just feelin' a little down and out. I hope I'm over it soon (and without chocolate).

2 comments:

Kristin said...

That's a hard thing to do. Hopefully you'll be able to stay in touch and add to what you started. I understand though. I never do it right and then I'm left feeling disappointed. Pray for her; that'll help!

P.S. You CAN call even if it's just to whine.

Love ya' tons!

I'm Always Rite said...

No chocolate!? What the heck Minetta!? No chocolate!?

Sorry, that came out wrong. What I meant was....

NO CHOCOLATE!? ;)

Whatever you said, she heard. She may not have been listening, but she heard it and a seed was planted. Remember prayer is a powerful force!